13 November 2013

current thoughts.

Quite often in my life I think about how busy I am and how I don't have the time to post as much as other bloggers because I have a full-time job and extra co-curricular activities. Well, I am writing to say that I have come to realisation that this is okay. I must admit that I cannot live without technology, nor do I want to ever try to, but there are times where you need to take a break not only for your own sanity, but for your social well-being. Don't get stuck in a trap where you become more focussed on social media connections over personal conversations, otherwise you are forging a path of loneliness for your years to come. 
Put down the phone when you're at a party or at the beach with friends (we can all improve on this one). Treasure being present in the moment. Try not to worry about that next blog post or share to Instagram. Just. Live. 
Popular bloggers/heavy users of social media are masters of portraying they are living life to its fullest, but are they really? Or does it just seem like they are through controlling their content via social media for us to see? Social media profiles and accounts have become beacons of endless self-promotion- presenting the self how we want. Perhaps think twice before you think, 'I want their life,' because sometimes they don't really have one at all. They are just a shell amongst a sea of acquaintances.
So this is just my two cents and why I will keep blogging because there is no pressure for me. I am free and uncontrolled by norms which may continue to consume others.


follow opinionslave on instagram / bloglovin / google / twitter / facebook

16 comments:

  1. feel your pain on this one. i realized it was absurd to think i should post a new outfit 5x/week, take pictures of every meal i had at a restaurant...etc etc. i'm a lot happier now that i cut back. i'll keep reading no matter how often you post :)
    http://www.indieelectronicalternative.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Because in the end, you just do what makes you happy :) Thanks Danielle xx

      Delete
  2. Love this, Francesca! Most of us have day jobs & we blog to take our mind off our own lives, not to kowtow to the endless hunger of the blogger culture. I wonder how many people have lost the blogging-for-fun mentality over the new goal of blogging for free stuff and social image?

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder that as well.... so true Trish! Thanks for your comment my dear x

      Delete
  3. great post, I think about this a lot. blogging and social media should just be a small part of life, not something that dictates the whole thing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true- you put it really well xx

    www.alishayi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a full time job too and always feel like I don't post enough. Maybe that's not such a bad thing after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's very challenging.. but job > no job!

      Delete
  6. LOVED this post Fran... I lost the passion for blogging and had a huge break. Its nice to come back on here now and again and browse through blogs. Even better to not feel pressure to be considered as a popular blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Jess :) Yeah I totally agree. Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves.. and for what?? Sometimes I think I need a holiday from blogging which is not how I should feel! x

      Delete
  7. What a fab post Fran! It is crazy how consuming it all really is x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely agree.. whenever we are out for dinner I always make sure phones are put away. I'll indulge in an instagram snap but that's about it!

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so true and now I'm super self conscious of my phone habits.

    ReplyDelete